Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Halloween decor in less than 90 minutes!

Remember those vases I posted about yesterday? Last week I saw this tutorial on Make it and Love it, originally from Martha Stewart. How cute are those pumpkin jars? Well I decided to replicate them but using these bargain vases instead. And the best part? I did this on my lunch break in less than 90 minutes.

I didn't have any newspaper around so I used trash bags to catch any spills (and there will be spills if you're anything like me).

After adding a little water to some orange and yellow paint I poured it in my vases.

Then you swirl the paint around until the inside is completely coated.

Add a little festive ribbon and some free hand cut vinyl and you're done!





Linking up here (Creations by Kara) and here (Handy Man, Crafty Woman) and here (The Thrifty Home) and here (Domestically Speaking) and here (The Idea Room).

4 comments:

  1. I love this idea and I think we all have some vases lying around. Simple and cheap, that's my kind of craft. I am a new follower from the Thrifty Home Hop. Vicky from www.messforless.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I love quick, easy and cheap.

    I'd love for you to link up to my pumpkin party:

    "Pumpkinspiration Party!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too cute! I love it. They are adorable.
    Rachel
    adventuresofadiymom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these vases! I found you through Kimberly's Pumpkinspiration Party. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete